Where do I go for help?

First, rely on your intuition. No one knows your child better than you. If you think something is not right, seek help:

Speak to your pediatrician about developmental concerns.

Speak to your school about educational concerns.

Speak to your child's teacher to screen for disabilities that might adversely affect your child's ability to learn and make progress in a general education program.

​Second, if you suspect that your concerns are not being adequately addressed or that your child's needs are not being met, trust your instincts and seek the help of attorney or an educational advocate as soon as possible.

Finally, remember that the earlier your child receives the help that he or she needs, the better the result. 

Please call (212) 688-1100 or email at if you think you need help.